Joint Replacement Camp: General Information
The Joint Care Program starts with your pre-operative appointment with your surgeon and your scheduled date to come to class. It is designed to provide an opportunity for you to learn about your upcoming joint surgery and recovery. Also, you will have the opportunity to meet some of the people who will be part of your Joint Replacement Team.
At the Joint Replacement Camp you will learn about these topics:
- Joint disease and replacement surgery
- Exercises to help you get ready for your surgery
- What to expect in the hospital
- How to get ready for discharge from the hospital
- Rehabilitation after surgery
The Joint Care Team will consist of:
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Anesthesiologist and certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Resource management staff
- Other hospital staff
The Joint Care Team will:
- Give you information to help you make the best decisions about your joint care and
- Individualize your joint care in the hospital and develop a discharge plan based on your specific situation.
- Help with your pre-operative joint care education to get you ready for surgery.
- Update you on your joint care progress during your hospital stay.
- Help plan for your discharge.
- Direct you to resources and coordinate the joint care services you will need when you leave the hospital.
Back to top